For your chance to win a holiday of a lifetime, click the above image to enter!
Ultimate European Summer Holiday Terms & Conditions (“Conditions of Entry”)
Promotion: Ultimate European Summer Holiday
Promoter: Metcash Trading Limited (Supermarkets SA) ABN 61 000 031 569, 410-450 Findon Road, Kidman Park, SA 5025, Australia. Ph: 0409072572
Promotional Period: Start date: 02/10/19 at 12:01 am ACST End date: 26/11/19 at 11:59 pm ACDT
Eligible entrants: Entry is only open to NSW, NT and SA residents who are 18 years and over.
How to Enter: To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- spend a minimum of $25 in one transaction (“Qualifying Transaction”), transaction must also include the purchase of a Participating Product (see Annexure A below for full list of Participating Products) from any Foodland, IGA, IGA Fresh or IGA Xpress store in South Australia, Northern Territory or Broken Hill displaying advertising for this Promotion (“Participating Stores”); and
- visit www.europeangetaway.com.au, follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page; and fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details (first name, last name, date of birth, email address, phone number, mobile number, full address and state/territory of residence) and the name of the Participating Product purchased.
Proof of Purchase: The entrant must retain proof of purchase. The proof of purchase required is an original receipt for the Qualifying Transaction.
Entries permitted: Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following:
- limit one (1) entry permitted per Qualifying Transaction; and
- each entry must be completed separately and in accordance with the entry instructions above.
Total Prize Pool: AUD $53,000
Major Prize: The prize is an Ultimate European Summer Holiday for 4 people and includes:
- Economy flights for four (4) people from Adelaide, SA to Athens, Greece (departing 19th May 2020), flying either Emirates or Qatar;
- One way transfer from Athens airport to Athens accommodation;
- 1 night pre-cruise accommodation in a 4 star hotel, Athens, includes breakfast;
- Greek Island Cruise:
- MSC Cruises: Musica (Bella Experience)
- 8 Days/ 7 nights
- Outside cabin
- Departs Thursday 21st May 2020 4:30pm Piraeus, Greece
- Friday 22nd May 2020 Corfu, Greece
- Saturday 23rd May 2020 Kotor, Montenegro
- Sunday 24th May 2020 Venice, Italy
- Monday 25th May 2020 Brindisi, Italy
- Tuesday 26th May 2020 Katakoion, Greece
- Wednesday 27th May 2020 Santorini, Greece
- Thursday 28th May 2020 Piraeus, Greece
- Economy flights for four (4) people from Athens, Greece to Rome, Italy (departing 28th May 2020);
- Trafalgar Coach Tour (European Wonderland):
- Commences in Rome 28th May 2020;
- 2 nights in Rome;
- Rome – Florence (2 nights)
- Florence – Venice (2 nights)
- Venice – Engelberg (2 nights)
- Engelberg – Paris (2 nights)
- Paris – London
- 2 nights post tour accommodation in a 4 star hotel, London (7th – 9th June 2020), includes breakfast daily;
- One-way transfer from London accommodation to airport for flight departure back to Australia;
- economy flights for four (4) people from London to Adelaide departing 9th June 2020, flying either Emirates or Qatar; and
- AUD$10,000 spending money (awarded as Visa Debit Card.
Departure date from Adelaide, SA for the trip is 19th May 2020 and it cannot be changed.
Number of this prize: 1
Value (per prize): AUD $45,000
Winning Method: Major Draw
The prize is a $200.00 gift card, redeemable at any Foodland, IGA, IGA Fresh or IGA Xpress store in South Australia, Northern Territory or Broken Hill. Gift Card is valid until 02/10/22.
Number of this prize: 40 (5 per week)
Value (per prize): AUD $200.00
Winning Method: Weekly Draws ( 8 Weekly Draws total)
- Travel itinerary will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- All costs associated with travel to and from Adelaide, SA, where flights depart/return for the trip, will be the responsibility of the winner and their guests for the prize.
- Departure date from Adelaide, SA for the trip is 19th May 2020 and it cannot be changed. If the winner cannot travel on the date/s required by the Promoter to coincide with this set departure date for the trip, then they will forfeit their right to the prize and will not be awarded cash or any other alternative in lieu.
- The prize is subject to booking and flight availability.
- Frequent flyer points will not be awarded and do not form part of the prize.
- Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs, unless otherwise specified in the prize description herein, are not included.
- The winner and his/her travel companions are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
- The winner may be required to present their credit card at check in.
- Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- The winner and his/her travel companions must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together.
During the entire duration of the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
Winner notification: The winners will be contacted by email and phone within two (2) business days of the draw. The Major Prize winner will be published at www.europeangetaway.com.au by 04/12/19.
Unclaimed Prizes: Prizes must be claimed by 04/03/20 at 02:30 pm ACDT. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 05/03/20 at 02:30 pm AEDT at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winners of the redraw will be notified by email or phone within two (2) business days of the redraw. The winner of the Major Prize (if awarded in the re-drawn) will be published at www.europeangetaway.com.au by 12/03/20.
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date (“Promotional Period”). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- Employees (and the immediate family members) of the Participating Stores, agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family member” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The draws will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 02:30 pm AEDT by computerised random selection.
- Weekly Draws: Entries open and close for each Weekly Draw on the dates/times outlined below. The date of each Weekly Draw is also outlined below. Non-winning entries in each Weekly Draws will be entered into any subsequent Weekly Draws. The first five (5) valid entries drawn in each Weekly Draw will win the Weekly Prize.
Weekly Draw 1 – Entries Open 12:01 am ACST on 02/10/19. Entries Close 11:59pm ACDT on 08/10/19. Draw Date 09/10/19
Weekly Draw 2 – Entries Open 12:00 am ACDT on 09/10/19. Entries Close 11:59pm ACDT on 15/10/19. Draw Date 16/10/19
Weekly Draw 3 – Entries Open 12:00 am ACDT on 16/10/19. Entries Close 11:59pm ACDT on 22/10/19. Draw Date 23/10/19
Weekly Draw 4 – Entries Open 12:00 am ACDT on 23/10/19. Entries Close 11:59pm ACDT on 29/10/19. Draw Date 30/10/19
Weekly Draw 5 – Entries Open 12:00 am ACDT on 30/10/19. Entries Close 11:59pm ACDT on 05/11/19 Draw Date 06/11/19
Weekly Draw 6 – Entries Open 12:00 am ACDT on 06/11/19. Entries Close 11:59pm ACDT on 12/11/19 Draw Date 13/11/19
Weekly Draw 7 – Entries Open 12:00 am ACDT on 13/11/19. Entries Close 11:59pm ACDT on 19/11/19 Draw Date 20/11/19
Weekly Draw 8 – Entries Open 12:00 am ACDT on 20/11/19. Entries Close 11:59 pm ACDT on 26/11/19 Draw Date 27/11/19
Major Draw: The Major Draw will take place on 4/12/2019. All entries received throughout the Promotional Period will be entered into the Major Draw. The first valid entry drawn in the Major Draw will win the Major Prize.
- The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
- If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- Where entry is allowed by purchase or subscription, the cost of the product or service is no greater than the cost would be without the opportunity to participate in the Promotion.
- Entrants must keep their proof of purchase specified in the How to Enter section for each entry as proof of purchase (“Proof of Purchase”). If an entrant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific entry or each entry, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the entrant’s respective entry/entries for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all entries submitted by that entrant and/or forfeit the entrant’s right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify: (a) the store of purchase as a Participating Store; (b) the required product/s or service/s to be purchased for entry; and (c) that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to entry.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
- Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
- If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- Authorised under: NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/37290 and SA Permit No. T19/1383.
Abbotts Bread Rustic White 700g
Abbotts Bread Country Grains 800g
Abbotts Bread Farmhouse Wholemeal 750g
Abbotts Bread Light Rye 680g
Abbotts Bread Harvest Seeds & Grains 750g
Abbotts Bread Grainy Wholemeal 850g
Abbotts Bread Dark Rye 700g
Fanta Coke 1.25L
Coca Cola 1.25L
Diet Coke 1.25L
Diet Coke Caffeine Free 1.25L
Fanta Raspberry 1.25L
Fanta Grape 1.25L
Lift Lemon Hard Hitter 1.25L
Coca Cola No Sugar Vanilla 1.25L
Coca Cola No Sugar 1.25L
Fanta No Sugar 1.25L
Sprite No Sugar 1.25L
Vanilla Coke 1.25L
Breeders Choice Cat Litter 15L
Breeders Choice Cat Litter 24L
Thins Chips Salt & Vinegar 175g
Thins Chips Original 175g
Thins Chips Lite Tangy 175g
Thins Chips Cheese & Onion 175g
Thins Chips Chicken 175g
Thins Chips Sour Cream & Chives 175g
Peters Drumstick multi-pack Vanilla (24)
Peters Drumstick multi-pack Mixed (24)
Peters Drumstick multi-pack Boysenberry (4)
Peters Drumstick multi-pack Vanilla (4)
Peters Drumstick multi-pack Super Choc (4)
Peters Drumstick multi-pack Choc Mint (4)
Peters Drumstick multi-pack Caramel (4)
Peters Drumstick multi-pack Salted Caramel & White Choc (4)
Peters Drumstick multi-pack Raspberry White Choc (4)
Cadbury Ice Cream multi-pack Freddo Vanilla & Chocolate (4)
Cadbury Ice Cream multi-pack Freddo Strawberry & Vanilla (4)
Golden North Ice Cream 2L Vanilla
Golden North Ice Cream 2L Chocolate
Golden North Ice Cream 2L Boysenberry
Golden North Ice Cream 2L Rum/Raisin
Golden North Ice Cream 2L Diet Vanilla
Golden North Ice Cream 2L Café Cino
Golden North Ice Cream 2L Honey
Golden North Sundae Premium Vanilla 2L
Golden North Sundae Premium Spearmint 2L
Mrs Macs Microwave Beef Pie 200g
Mrs Macs Microwave Beef & Cheese Pie 200g
Mrs Macs Microwave Pastie 165g
Mrs Macs Microwave Sausage Roll 175g
Naked Pies Apple Coco Loco 2pk
Naked Pies Lemon Zing 2pk
Naked Pies Choccy Coffee 2pk
Enzo’s at Home Spaghetti Bolognese 350g
Enzo’s at Home Broccoli Spirali 300g
Enzo’s at Home Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese 350g
Enzo’s at Home Porcini Mushroom Risotto 300g
Enzo’s at Home Sausage Risotto 300g
Difflam Lozenges Honey/Lemon (16)
Difflam Plus Lozenges Berry (16)
Difflam Plus Lozenges Black Current (16)
Difflam Plus Lozenges Honey/Lemon (16)
Difflam Plus Lozenges Menthol/Eucalyptus (16)
Glucodin Powder Zip Bag 325g
Invisible Zinc 4hr 50+ 100ml
Invisible Zinc Face & Body SPF50 75g
Invisible Zinc Tinted Day 30+ 50g
Nyal Bronchitis Mixture 200ml
Nyal Cold Sore Cream 10g
Nyal Cold Sore Cream antiviral 5g
Nyal Cold & Flu Cough Day/Night (24)
Nyal Cold & Flu Day/Night (24)
Nyal Cough Chesty 200ml
Nyal Cough Mix Dry Cough 200ml
Nyal Nasal Spray Decon Blist 15ml
Reef Oil Coconut SPF15 125ml
Reef Oil S/Tan SPF30+ 125ml
Reef Oil Spray SPF30+ 220ml
Reef Oil Spray SPF15+ 220ml
Sal Vital 375g
Nescafe Gold Original 100g
Nescafe Gold Rich Intense 100g
Nescafe Gold Intense 100g
Nescafe Gold Smooth Intense 90g
Nescafe Short Black 100g
Nescafe Green Blend 100g
Nescafe Gold Decaffeinate 100g
Nescafe Gold Colombia 100g
Uncle Tobys Le Snak Cheddar Cheese VP 264g
Uncle Tobys Le Snak French Onion VP 264g
Uncle Tobys Le Snak Tasty Cheese VP 264g
The Advertiser Newspaper (Monday to Saturday)
The Sunday Mail Newspaper