Roasted fresh figs stuffed with blue cheese wrapped in pancetta by Foodland Recipe KitchenPreparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 12 medium sized fresh figs
- 12 tsp soft blue cheese
- 12 slices pancetta
- cracked black pepper
- thyme leaves
- Lined baking tray
Serve these figs as finger-food appetizers or incorporate them into a salad.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Prepare a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Using a sharp knife cut a cross into the fig, approximately ¾ of the way. Do not cut all the way down, as the figs will fall apart.
- Using your fingers to open the cut figs a little, drop a small teaspoonful of blue cheese into the gap and push together.
- Wrap a slice of pancetta around the base of each fig and sit on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, or till figs have softened, cheese melted and pancetta a little browned and crisp.
- In the meantime, place walnuts on a tray, lightly spray with olive oil, roast in oven for 5 minutes or till lightly golden.
- Arrange baked figs on a platter or serving board, place a walnut half on the top of each fig.
- Sprinkle with pepper and thyme leaves then lightly drizzle with honey, serve while warm.