Ricotta banana pancakes by Foodland Recipe KitchenPreparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup soft ricotta
- ½ cup milk
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 70g butter, melted
- Mixing bowl
- Non-stick pan
Celebrate Easter with these cute bunny pancakes – a fun and creative breakfast for kids.
- Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Combine eggs, ricotta, milk, mashed banana and butter in a jug and mix into the flour to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper. Using a large spoon, add a generous dollop of batter to the pan in a round, for the bunny body. Add a smaller round for the head, two small ovals for feet, and two long thin strips for ears. Fit all the bunny components into the pan, or cook them in batches.
- Flip the pancakes after a minute or two, once the edges are set, the base is golden brown and bubbles start to pop on the surface. Cook for another min until golden brown.
- Put the bunny body in the middle of the plate, position the head, ears and feet just overlapping form the bunny.
- Add a banana slice for feet pads and eyes, sultanas for the feet pads. A strawberry for the bunnies nose, blueberry halves for eyes, spaghetti for whiskers and two small pieces of cheese for the teeth.
- Add some extra fruit to the side of the plate.