Osso Bucco with Cannellini Beans by Foodland Recipe KitchenPreparation Time: 15
Cooking Time: 2 hours
- 1kg Osso Bucco Beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flour to dust
- Olive oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 x 425g can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Gremolata Topping: 3/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped, 2 tbsp Lemon zest, 2 Garlic cloves crushed, salt and pepper to taste
- Heavy based oven proof dish
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Dust beef in seasoned flour, heat oil in heavy based oven proof dish, seal beef in heated pan till lightly browned.
- Add onions, garlic, wine, tomatoes, rosemary, salt and pepper to the pan.
- Cover with a lid or foil and place in a pre-heated oven. Cook for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Briefly remove pot from oven to add cannellini beans. Cover back up and place in oven for a further 20 mins.
- To serve, garnish with gremolata topping.
To make Gremolata Topping
- Combine garlic, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste.