Cinnamon and pepper poached pears by Foodland Recipe KitchenPreparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 6 Beurre Bosc pears, peeled
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups Bickfords Lemon Barley Cordial
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- Deep saucepan
Whole poached pears make fabulous desserts and are so easy made prior and ready to serve. Dress them up for a dinner party with flower petals and micro herbs!
- Place the peeled pears into a bowl of cold water with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- In a deep saucepan, place water, lemon barley water, sugar, cinnamon stick and peppercorns.
- Bring to the boil, gently place peeled pears into the poaching syrup, reduce and simmer till pear is tender. Test with a bamboo skewer, the skewer should feel little resistance.
- Remove pears and continue to boil the syrup till reduced by half.
- Sit the pears in the reduced syrup till ready to serve.
- Pears can be served plain with some syrup or for a special touch sprinkle with finely chopped pistachios and scatter with a few micro herbs and flower petals.