Apple and cinnamon pastry twists by Foodland Recipe KitchenPreparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 2 red apples, grated
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 x 375g Carême Butter Puff
- Icing sugar to dust
- Large baking tray
If you love apple pie then you’ll love these Apple and Cinnamon pastry twists! They’re perfect for school lunchboxes or for an afternoon snack with a cup of tea.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- To make the filling, mix the grated apple, melted butter, sugar and cinnamon together, set aside.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to measure 30 x 40cm rectangle. Spread prepared filling over the pastry sheet using a palette knife to
completely cover the pastry.
- Cut pastry into 10 x 4cm strips down the shortest side. Fold the long side of each strip in half to encase the filling. Start at one end and loosely roll up the pastry to create a spiral, place the spiral into a greased muffin tray. Repeat with all the pastry strips.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Immediately lift the pastries onto a cooling rack. Dust pastries with icing sugar while still hot.