- 100g cold butter, chopped
- 100g plain flour
- 100g rolled oats
- 75g brown sugar
- ground ginger or cinnamon (optional)
- 450g Granny Smith apples (4 medium apples), peeled, cut into chunks
- 650g rhubarb, cut into 3cm lengths
- 125g brown sugar
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tsp. vanilla paste or extract
- Sift flour into a large mixing bowl then stir through sugar and ground ginger.
- Rub butter into dry mixture with fingertips until it looks like bread crumbs, then mix through oats.
- Heat oven to 200c/180c fan forced.
- Toss all filling ingredients together in an ovenproof dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Gently mix fruit so that pieces are covered with the syrup that has formed.
- Evenly sprinkle crumble across the top of the fruit and bake for a further 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve with fresh cream or vanilla ice cream.
All ingredients can be purchased here.
For more information about the Ceravolo family, check out their Facebook page.